For enquiries after an event please contact 604-669-2300 or GuestServices@BCPlace.com
The safety and security of everyone at BC Place Stadium is our top priority. BC Place works with its clients, as well as local and national security agencies, to develop best-practice security policies and procedures at all events in the stadium. We appreciate your support for our ongoing efforts to provide a safe and entertaining environment for every one of our guests.
Guests in possession of any illegal items will be refused entry and/or removed from the venue. The Guest will be required to surrender the illegal to BC Place Security and/or relevant authorities, and may be subject to arrest by law enforcement.
Prohibited Items include any items, either legal or illegal in nature, where possession is restricted from entry into BC Place by Federal, Provincial, or Municipal law, regulation, or BC Place Policy.
Prohibited Items are subject to change for different events - please consult the FAQ information for your event. Security measures may be increased for certain events. These measures include, but are not limited to a more thorough search of persons and property.
Guests entering the venue will either be required to surrender the Prohibited Item to BC Place for disposal, check the item at the bag check (subject to availability), or store the item off the property.
Examples of Prohibited Items:
• Laser Pointers
• Illegal Drugs and Substances. See Smoking and Drug Policy below for additional information.
• Stolen Tickets
• Hard-sided Bottles, Cans or Cups (including glass, metal, hard plastic, ceramic and other materials). See Bottles and Cans Policy below for additional information.
• Bags, Luggage, Containers or Coolers larger than 14’’x14’’x6’’. See Bag Sizes and Bag Search Policy below for additional information.
• Poles and Selfie Sticks
• Aerosol cans, Paints or Flammable Liquids
• Skateboards, Rollerblades or Bicycles
• Alcohol. See Alcohol Policy below for additional information.
• Outside food or beverages (exceptions may be made for medical reasons)
• Cameras larger than 6 inches (150mm) in length with lens attached (Note: camera policy may vary for specific events - consult the Guest FAQ information for your event)
• Helium balloons
• Air Horns of any kind. Drums are permitted, provided they fit within the guest’s lap. Drums are subject to search upon entry. Vuvuzelas are permitted for BC Lions games only. Noise makers must be used in a manner that respects the comfort and enjoyment of all guests.
• Large cowbells (larger than 3”x 3”). Small cowbells distributed by the BC Lions are permitted.
• Masks (permitted only to be worn while in your assigned seat)
• Signs, Flags or Displays that in the reasonable opinion of BC Place are considered offensive, racist, discriminatory, contain inappropriate language, or are religious, political or commercial in nature.
• Items deemed prohibited based on event policies - please consult the FAQ information for your event.
Medical Exceptions & Special Requirements
Exceptions to Prohibited Items may be made for those with medical requirements and/or special requirements. Advanced authorization by BC Place is strongly recommended. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bag Sizes & Bag Search
For ease of access, guests are encouraged not to bring bags to the stadium.
Bags, containers or coolers larger than 14’’x14’’x6’’ are not permitted into BC Place. Special considerations will be made for guests with special medical needs and parents caring for infants. All spectators are subject to a patdown upon entry into BC Place, and all bags smaller than 14’’x14’’x6’’ will be inspected prior to entry.
Due to these safety procedures, we strongly recommend early arrival to all events.
Electronic devices (laptops, battery packs, tablets, tablet cases, etc.) are permitted subject to inspection prior to entry and at the discretion of BC Place and/or local and national security agencies. Mobile phones are generally not subject to inspection.
Electronic devices are subject to demonstration that they are operational and not compromised, however no personal information or data will be accessed by BC Place in the process.
Laptops, Laptop Bags, Tablets, Briefcases, or Messenger Bags measuring larger than 14’’x14’’x6’’ are not permitted. See Bag Sizes and Bag Search Policy above for additional information.
Bottles and Cans
Hard-sided bottles, cans or cups (including glass, metal, hard plastic, ceramic and other materials) are not permitted. Empty, refillable soft-walled water bottles (with or without lids) are permitted into BC Place and are subject to inspection at the gate. Bottles can be filled with water at drinking fountains located on the main concourse. Bottled water can also be purchased from concessions.
BC Place and Centerplate staff work hard to promote safe and responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. The venue reserves the right to refuse alcohol service to any guest. All guests who appear under the age of 30 will be required to show valid ID. Guests serving alcohol to minors will be subject to arrest. Beer will be served to a maximum of 24 oz. per person, per transaction.
Any guest who attempts to conceal alcohol on entry, prior to being searched by BC Place Security, will be denied entry. Guests who surrender alcohol to BC Place Security prior to being searched will be permitted to enter.
If at any time a guest is deemed to be impaired by alcohol or drugs, the guest will be evicted or denied entry, and may be referred to the relevant authorities.
Smoking and Drug Policy
BC Place Stadium is a non-smoking facility and there are no designated smoking areas at BC Place. There are no in and out privileges once inside BC Place except for emergency purposes.
Smoking of any kind, and the use of alternative smoking devices (electronic or vapor), is not permitted on BC Place property, including the exterior concourses and plazas. Smoking, or the use of alternative smoking devices, on BC Place property will result in eviction from BC Place without refund.
Consumption or possession of illegal drugs is prohibited on BC Place property. Consumption of smokeless marijuana is prohibited on BC Place property, except for individuals who are medically licensed by Health Canada.
Code of Conduct
- BC Place is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for its guests.
- Guest conduct must be legally appropriate, respectful and not be offensive/abusive to other guests and those working at the event.
- Any guest not respecting the Code of Conduct may be removed from the venue.
- Unacceptable behaviour includes but is not limited to:
x Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
x Impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption
x Providing alcohol to a minor or being a minor in possession of alcohol
x Smoking of any substance (including e-cigarettes)
x Sitting in locations other than your ticketed seat
x Use of compressed gas air horns
x Disruption of the game, including throwing objects, or trespassing on the field and/or restricted areas
x Fighting or making threatening remarks or gestures