Sun, Apr 16th TBD
The Vancouver Sun Run has been Canada’s largest 10k road race since its inception in 1985, and is currently the third largest timed 10k in North America. Founded by former Canadian Olympians Dr. Doug and Diane Clement along with Dr. Jack Taunton. The run’s purpose was to promote the benefits of running, to improve health and fitness, as well as support elite amateur athletics. The first run attracted 3,200 participants.
Through the years the run captured the imagination and hearts of individuals wanting to improve their health and wellbeing. The event morphed into the phenomenon it is today with thousands upon thousands descending upon the streets of Vancouver each year in celebration of Vancouver Sun Run Sunday! The run is supported by its loyal host committee and an army of over 1,500 volunteers.
The Sun Run mission is to be Canada’s leading and most influential 10k race, inspiring healthy, active lifestyles for people of all ages and at any fitness level year-over-year by offering fun and accessible community-based running/walking event and programs in B.C.
Find out more by visiting the Vancouver Sun Run website.
Sun Run Fair & Package Pick-Up
- Friday, April 14: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 15: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Enter through Gate C (accessible from Beatty Street, or upstairs from Griffiths Way)
Sun Run Post-Race Party
- Sunday, April 16
- Gates C, D, and E open at 8:30 a.m. East entrance (off Griffiths Way) will also be open for the Mini Sun Run.
- Awards Ceremony: 11 a.m. on the Main Stage
- Concessions available at Level 2 (Sections 227 & 233). There will also be a Coffee Cart at Lot 457 (off Pacific Blvd.) and a Beer Garden on Field Level.
- Leave pets at home. Only designated service animals with permits are allowed to enter.
- Visit vancouversunrun.com for more information, including road closures.
Dress based on temperature outdoors as BC Place is an open-air stadium whether roof is open or closed.