For enquiries after an event please contact 604-669-2300 or email@example.com
The safety and security of everyone at BC Place is our top priority. BC Place works with its clients, as well as local and national security agencies, to develop best-practice security policies and procedures at all events in the stadium. We appreciate your support for our ongoing efforts to provide a safe and entertaining environment for every one of our guests.
COVID-19 GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES & GUIDELINES
BC Place is excited to welcome guests back for major events at our stadium! As we get back together, please act responsibly and be respectful of one another.
As a condition of entry, all guests must comply with all relevant public health orders and guidelines at the time of your event. Guests must observe all signage inside the venue, and always follow the instructions given by stadium staff. Guests MUST NOT engage in any conduct that is in violation of relevant public health orders and guidelines at the time of your event, or can be reasonably construed to be willingly or inadvertently transmitting the COVID-19 virus to another person.
Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe. If you or anyone in your family feels sick stay home and get tested immediately. If you feel unwell or develop any cold or flu-like symptoms related to COVID-19 while at BC Place, please contact a member of stadium staff who will direct you to the appropriate medical facility.
GUEST CODE OF CONDUCT
BC Place is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for everyone at our venue. We invite you to help us make events at BC Place an experience that is welcoming and respectful for all guests, as well as those working during events, regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, national origin, ethnicity, or religion.
Any guest not respecting the Code of Conduct may be removed from the venue and may be subject to arrest by law enforcement.
Unacceptable behaviour includes (but is not limited to):
- Behaviour in contravention of any relevant Federal, Provincial, or Municipal laws, regulations, orders or guidance of the Provincial Health Officer and Vancouver Coastal Health, as well as venue policies, signage, or the direction of staff
- Harassment, including unwelcome or hostile behavior, physical contact or sexual attention
- Intimidation, including stalking or unwelcome following
- Foul or abusive language, or obscene gestures
- Physical abuse, fighting or making threatening remarks or gestures
- Possession and/or use of illegal substances
- Possession of an item that can be used as a weapon causing harm to others
- Impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption
- Providing alcohol or intoxicants to a minor
- Smoking of any substance (including e-cigarettes)
- Disruption of the event, including throwing objects, or trespassing in restricted areas.
For Whitecaps FC matches, please refer to the MLS Fan Code of Conduct here.
If you experience or witness any forms of unacceptable behaviour, please bring your concerns to the attention of staff. Call Guest Services at 604-661-3434 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For support outside event times, contact BC Place at 604-669-2300 or email@example.com
Guests in possession of any illegal items will be refused entry and/or removed from the venue. The Guest will be required to surrender the illegal to BC Place Security and/or relevant authorities, and may be subject to arrest by law enforcement.
If a banned / prohibited (legal) item is discovered during the search of a guest, the guest will be provided the opportunity to:
- Check the item at Bag Check (if available during the event)
- Return it to their vehicle, hotel room, residence, etc
- Willingly surrender item to BC Place Security for disposal
Prohibited Items include any items, either legal or illegal in nature, where possession is restricted from entry into BC Place by Federal, Provincial, or Municipal Law, Regulation, or BC Place Policy.
Prohibited Items are subject to change for different events - please consult the FAQ information for your event. Security measures may be increased for certain events. These measures include, but are not limited to a more thorough search of persons and property.
Guests entering the venue will either be required to surrender any prohibited items to BC Place for disposal, check the item at the bag check (subject to availability), or store the item off the property.
Examples of Prohibited Items:
- Laser Pointers
- Illegal Drugs and Substances.
- Laptops (tablets and tablet cases are permitted, however they will be inspected prior to entry). See more below.
- Bags, Luggage, Containers or Coolers larger than 12’’x12’’x6’’. Permitted bags must meet the requirements for the Bag policy. See more below.
- Bottles or containers with capacity greater than 1 litre. See more below.
- Poles and Selfie Sticks
- Aerosol cans, Paints or Flammable Liquids
- Skateboards, Rollerblades or Bicycles
- Alcohol. See more below.
- Outside food or beverages (exceptions may be made for medical reasons)
- Cameras larger than 6 inches (150mm) in length with lens attached (Note: camera policy may vary for specific events - consult the Guest FAQ information for your event)
- Helium balloons
- Noise makers must be used in a manner that respects the comfort and enjoyment of all guests. Air Horns of any kind are not permitted. Drums are permitted, provided they fit within the guest’s lap. Drums are subject to search upon entry.
- Vuvuzelas and cowbells are not permitted at Whitecaps FC matches.
- Costume masks (permitted only to be worn while in your assigned seat). See more below.
- Drones and other remote-controlled devices
- Signs, flags or displays that are offensive, racist, discriminatory, use inappropriate language, or are religious, political or commercial in nature. For Whitecaps FC matches, please refer to the Visual Display Policy on www.whitecapsfc.com
- Items deemed prohibited based on event policies - please consult the FAQ information for your event.
MEDICAL EXCEPTIONS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Exceptions to Prohibited Items may be made for those with medical requirements and/or special requirements. Advanced authorization by BC Place is strongly recommended. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SCREENING PROCEDURES / METAL DETECTORS (Magnetometer)
To help ensure the safety and security of everyone at BC Place, guests entering the venue will be required to participate in a screening procedure which will include the use of a metal detector. Failure to participate in a screening procedure will result in denial of entry.
Guests are asked to observe the following tips for a smooth entry:
- Please have your ticket ready to scan upon entry. Ensure electronic tickets are downloaded to your mobile device and available to scan prior to entry.
- Minimize the number of personal items in your possession.
- Leave bags at home if possible. Bags larger than 12”x 12”x 6” are not permitted. Permitted bags will be subject to search upon entry.
- Allow yourself extra time for entry to the venue, and observe the signage and direction of venue staff.
- At entry, place objects such as umbrellas, purses, permitted bags or cameras on the table prior to passing through the metal detector.
- NOTE: Personal items such as mobile phones, keys, wallets and coins, watches, belts, shoes or jackets DO NOT need to be removed unless requested by venue staff.
- After walking through the metal detector, guests are free to collect their belongings on the table.
- If the metal detector is activated, guests will be required to participate in a secondary screening prior to entering and this may slow your access to the venue.
BAG POLICY - BAG TYPES, BAG SIZES & BAG SEARCH
For ease of access, guests are encouraged not to bring bags to the stadium.
Guests may enter with one clear plastic bag that is no larger than 12”x12”x6”. Guests may also carry one small clutch purse-bag no larger than 4.5”x6.5”, with a handle or strap which may searched.
Bags, Luggage, Containers or Coolers larger than 12”x12”x6” are NOT permitted. Bags smaller than 12”x12”x6” must be made of clear plastic only.
Exceptions may be provided for diaper bags, and for medically necessary items that cannot fit into a clear bag.
All spectators are subject to a screening procedure upon entry into BC Place, and all bags smaller than 12’’x12’’x6’’ will be inspected prior to entry.
Due to these safety procedures, we strongly recommend early arrival to all events.
Empty personal water bottles (with or without lids) up to 1 litre capacity are permitted into the stadium and are subject to inspection at the gate. Glass bottles are not allowed inside the stadium. Permitted bottles can be filled with water at drinking fountains located on the main concourse. Bottled water can also be purchased from concessions.
COSTUMES & MASKS
Costumes (including items that may be deemed potentially hazardous to other guests) may be subject to enhanced inspection upon entry.
Costume masks are permitted only to be worn while in your assigned seat. Costume masks cannot be worn on the concourse or common areas.
ELECTRONIC DATA DEVICES (Laptops, Tablets, etc.)
Laptops are prohibited. For ease of access, guests are encouraged not to bring large electronic devices such as tablets to the stadium. Tablets and tablet cases measuring less than 12”x12”x6” are permitted, however, all tablet devices and their cases are subject to inspection prior to entry. Electronic devices may be required to be turned on to demonstrate the device is not compromised, however no personal information or data will be accessed by BC Place.
Laptop Bags, Tablet Cases, Briefcases, or Messenger Bags measuring larger than 12’’x12’’x6’’ are not permitted. See ‘Clear Bag, Bag Sizes and Bag Search’ policy above for additional information.
BC Place and Sodexo Live! staff work hard to promote safe and responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. The venue reserves the right to refuse alcohol service to any guest. All guests who appear under the age of 30 will be required to show valid ID. Guests serving alcohol to minors will be subject to arrest. Beer will be served to a maximum of 24 oz. per person, per transaction.
Any guest who attempts to conceal alcohol on entry, prior to being searched by BC Place Security, will be denied entry. Guests who surrender alcohol to BC Place Security prior to being searched will be permitted to enter.
If at any time a guest is deemed to be impaired by alcohol or drugs, the guest will be evicted or denied entry, and may be referred to the relevant authorities.
SMOKING AND DRUG POLICY
BC Place Stadium is a non-smoking facility and there are no designated smoking areas at BC Place. There are no in and out privileges once inside BC Place except for emergency or medical purposes. Exceptions may be made for guests who show a valid Medical Document Authorizing the use of Cannabis for Medical Purposes under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations from Health Canada.
Smoking of any kind, and the use of alternative smoking devices (electronic or vapor), is not permitted on BC Place property, including the exterior concourses and plazas. Smoking, or the use of alternative smoking devices, on BC Place property will result in eviction from BC Place without refund.
Consumption or possession of illegal drugs is prohibited on BC Place property. Consumption of smokeless marijuana is prohibited on BC Place property. Outside food and beverages, including products which include cannabis, are not permitted.
PORTABLE PHONE CHARGERS
BC Place is pleased to offer mobile phone charging stations throughout the venue so guests can charge their phones in a secure manner. Charging stations are located throughout the venue on a first come, first served basis.
To access these resources while attending an event at BC Place, guests will be able to lock their device into the charging station and will be able to retrieve their device using a unique pin number.