The Northern Lights Display
BC Place is recognized around the world as a landmark of Vancouver’s skyline and a place of pride for all British Columbians. Adding to the excitement is the Northern Lights Display, which allows our stadium to come alive both inside and outside, enhancing the overall guest experience.
The Northern Lights Display has been used to create the world’s largest Union Jack to welcome Paul McCartney, a giant poppy to recognize Canada’s Veterans, and for countless events and charitable causes that have a positive impact in our community.
BC Place is illuminated from 6am to sunrise, and from sunset to 11pm most nights. On event nights, the roof and Northern Lights Display are lit until the conclusion of the event.
Check out the BC Place Blog for our complete lighting schedule: Northern Lights Display - April 2021
Follow us on Twitter @bcplace to receive up-to-the-minute lighting and event information from inside the stadium.
BC Place is honoured to be able to help bring awareness to events, charities and non-profit causes that are important to communities in British Columbia.
Please send your request at least 30 days before the lighting date(s) requested. Applicants will receive a response stating whether the request has been approved or not within one week of application receipt. Special lighting requests are approved at the sole discretion of BC Place Management. All requests receive due consideration, however due to demand, some lighting requests may not be fulfilled.
Please include the following information in your request:
· Name of organization:
· Contact name:
· Phone number:
· Date(s) of event:
· Date requested for lighting:
· Description of cause/event:
· Have you made the same request to other iconic facilities in Vancouver? If yes, which ones?
· Is this an annual or one-time event?
· What colour(s) are you requesting the roof light up with?
· Please provide details of how you will promote your event, and where mention will be made of the lighting of BC Place.
BC Place will consider lighting requests for community-based organizations and causes that are important to British Columbians.
All requests will be evaluated based on:
· availability within the event and lighting schedule
· the nature of the request
· background, goals and values of the organization, cause or event
· how the lighting will be used to benefit the cause/event
· how the request relates to the stadium’s goal of creating economic, community and social benefit for all British Columbians
Please note that special lighting cannot be considered for:
· commercial requests (e.g. product launches, corporate events)
· individual recognition or personal occasions (e.g. birthdays, anniversaries, gender reveals)
· religious or political events or observances, including national independence days
· institutions or businesses
· requests made via petitions and/or social media campaigns