HOME OPENER FAQS: WHAT FANS NEED TO KNOW FOR SATURDAY'S MATCH
March 3rd, 2022
What to bring and what not to bring to the 'Caps match
The day is finally here as BC Place welcomes Whitecaps FC fans back to the building for the much-anticipated home opener this Saturday.
Here's everything you need to know for Saturday's big event pitting the hometown club against defending MLS Cup champions New York City FC:
- COME EARLY: Gates A, C, D, E, G, and H open at 2 p.m. Gate H opens at 1:30 p.m. for suites and club seats. To ensure you're in your seat for the 3 p.m. kickoff, plan to arrive at the doors by 2:15 p.m.
- BAG POLICY: Guests are encouraged not to bring bags to the stadium. If necessary, guests may enter with one clear plastic bag that is no larger than 12” x 12” x 6”. Guests may also carry one clutch purse no larger than 6.5” x 8.5” – a slightly bigger size than in years past. Bags and purses are subject to search. Bag check is available at Gates C & H.
- BRAND NEW OFFERINGS: Make sure to check out our new menu. Come by Beast Unleashed at Section 210 for The Smash Burger with a "golden" bun, Short Rib Bao Burger, or Kimchi Dog! Don't forget the classics at Dawson's Hot Dogs, Lionsgate Grill, and The Poutinerie. BC Place is a cashless venue, and a Cash-to-Card station can be found at Section 235.
- SAFETY REMINDERS: Following provincial health protocol, full vaccination is required for fans ages 12 and above. Only BC Vaccine Cards are accepted for BC residents. Government-issued photo IDs are required for fans ages 19 and above. Face masks are required for fans ages 5 and above.
- STAND WITH UKRAINE: Fans are encouraged to wear blue & yellow as we stand united with all Ukrainians here in British Columbia and around the world. BC Place has been glowing in Ukrainian flag colours at the top of each hour every night.