Top 5 Festival Tips for CONTACT 2019
December 18th, 2019
CONTACT Winter Music Festival returns to BC Place for the eighth consecutive year on Friday December 27th and Saturday, December 28th. This year's headliners include musical trio Major Lazer and GRAMMY Award-winning artist Tiesto.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 27TH & SATURDAY, DECEMBER 28TH
- Doors open at 5:00PM each day and the event ends at approximately 12:00AM (midnight)
- General entry is through Gate A (closest to Robson Street & Beatty Street)
- Security pre-screening begins at 4:45PM each day. All guests entering the venue will be required to participate in a screening procedure which will include the use of a hand-held metal detector. Failure to participate in a screening will result in denial of entry.
Here are 5 key festival tips to ensure a great CONTACT 2019 experience:
1. HAVE YOUR TICKETS READY!
This event is Mobile Entry only. Your phone is your ticket. Locate your tickets in your Ticketmaster account or in the Ticketmaster app. When you go mobile, your tickets WILL NOT be emailed to you or available for print. It is highly recommended you view your ticket early and add it to your phone’s wallet or passbook so it’s ready for entry on event day.
2. LEAVE BAGS AT HOME!
Bags, purses, backpacks or bulky items, including large coats, must be checked upon entry for a fee and will be subject to inspection. For ease of access, guests are encouraged not to bring bags to the event.
3. BE PREPARED!
Guests entering the venue will be required to participate in a screening procedure which will include the use of a hand-held metal detector. Failure to participate in a screening will result in denial of entry.
Guests may be asked to provide picture ID based on observable concerns for public safety, and BC Place security may deny entry on that basis.
Any guest that is denied entry or removed for any violation of facility rules will not be issued a refund and may be prohibited from returning for Day 2.
Guests are asked to observe the following tips for a smooth entry:
- Please have your ticket ready to scan upon entry. Ensure electronic tickets are downloaded to your mobile device and available to scan prior to entry.
- Minimize the number of personal items in your possession.
- Leave bags at home if possible. Permitted bags will be subject to search upon entry.
- Allow extra time for entry to the venue.
At entry, remove metal objects from pockets and hold them in your hands for inspection. If the metal detector alarm sounds, guests will be required to participate in a secondary screening prior to entering the venue.
4. KNOW WHAT'S PERMITTED AND WHAT'S NOT!
Guests entering the venue will either be required to surrender any Prohibited Item to BC Place for disposal, or store the item off the property. Prohibited Items include any items, either legal or illegal in nature, where possession is restricted from entry into BC Place by Federal, Provincial, or Municipal law, regulation, or by the Event or BC Place Policy. Prohibited Items are subject to change, and security measures may be increased at any time. These measures include, but are not limited to, a more thorough search of persons and property.
Prohibited items include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Sharp Objects, Weapons, and potential Projectiles of any kind
- Unsealed products or packages that show evidence of tampering (including opened or unsealed cannabis packs, opened or unsealed packs of cigarettes, unsealed feminine hygiene products, etc.)
- Substances that cause intoxication or impairment, including Alcohol, Illegal Drugs, and derivatives of prohibited substances. Exceptions may be made for those with medical requirements.
- Flasks or Drug Paraphernalia
- Cameras with a Detachable Lens
- Video Recording Equipment including Go-Pro devices, Poles and Selfie Sticks
- Outside Food & Beverage, including Candy and Gum
- Glass bottles or containers and those with capacity greater than 1 litre
- Glow Sticks, Laser Pointers, Flammable Liquids, Pyrotechnics or any Incendiary Devices
- Aerosol Cans, Paints or Marking Devices
- Pacifiers, Hydration Packs, Bota Bags, Hula Hoops, Poi Balls, Stuffed Animals or Dolls (including plush backpacks), Balloons, Balls, Inflatables, Frisbees or any other items which could compromise public safety and/or harm the reputation of the event.
- Gang-Affiliated Clothing or Markings
- Large Chains, Spiked Jewelry or Costume Accessories that may potentially be hazardous to others
- Bags larger than those shown in the pictures above
- Signs, Flags or Displays that in the reasonable opinion of BC Place are considered offensive, racist, discriminatory, contain inappropriate language, or are religious, political or commercial in nature
- Any other items deemed to be potentially hazardous to others
For more information, read the Prohibited Items list in the Guest Information Guide.
5. LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER!
BC Place is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for everyone at CONTACT. We invite you to help us make CONTACT an experience that is welcoming and respectful for all guests, and those working the event, regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, national origin, ethnicity, or religion.
If you experience or witness any forms of unacceptable behaviour, please bring your concerns to the immediate attention of staff.
For more information, be sure to read through the complete Guest Information Guide.
Don't have tickets yet? Visit www.contact-festival.com